Spring car tips is finally here. It is important to inquire about spring time car maintenance service. It took a little bit, but we can officially put the snow shovel away (hopefully). Winter was rough on your car, all that salt, ash and other products used to melt ice could be causing harmful corrosion to your vehicle as we speak. Winter road salt can cause damage to parts of your car and its paint coat. Not only can this be frustrating, it can lead to damage that will cost you in the shop or on your vehicle’s resale price.
This is the perfect time to take your car to the shop and ask what a car tune-up cost. It’s getting nice outside and you don’t want to spend the spring and summer worried that your vehicle won’t make it through that upcoming road trip.
Basic spring auto service & automotive maintenance regular inspections are the best ways to keep your vehicle running smooth. Neglecting your car’s care almost always result in much higher cost down the road when expensive repairs arise. Some work can be done at home, while other maintenance should be performed by an experienced mechanic.
- Checking all fluids in your car on a regular basis: including your oil, filters and fluids, transmission, brake, coolant, power steering and windshield washer fluid.
- Swap your cabin and intake filters, you’ll want to check these on a regular basis and they typically should be replaced every six months.
- Check your hoses and replace them if they are leaking. Winter temperatures change can cause your hoses to break down and crack.
- Take a look at your V-belts and serpentine belts and make sure they’re not loose. Again, check their condition for cracks and damage.
- Have your brakes inspected and make sure your pads, brake linings, rotors and drums are working properly, and within a safe threshold.
- Car batteries will often become corroded during the winter. Make sure your battery connections are clean, corrosion-free and tight.
- Check your tire pressure at least once a month and don’t forget to look at the spare tire. You’ll find the recommended tire pressure inside the driver side door.
- Take a look at your tire’s wear. You’ll want to replace your tires if you find they are wearing unevenly, have bubbles, or cuts and bruises along the sidewall. When replacing tires you’ll want to ensure that all four tires are of the same brand and type.
- Since tires may already be getting changed, it’s a perfect time for alignment. A tire alignment is needed at least yearly on your car and spring is a perfect time of the year. Ice, snow, and potholes can do a number on your tire alignment. Without regular tire alignment, you’ll end up spending more at the pumps and may experience some rough handling when you drive.
- Replace your windshield wiper blades every six months, or if find they’re cracked or worn. Spring comes with a lot of rain and you’ll want to stay safe with optimum wiping performance. Some wipers have indicator stickers alerting you to when they are ready to be swapped.
- LubeFX+, we take a lot of pride in our ability to help people have their vehicles ready for the spring with professional automotive maintenance packages. We work on all makes and models and our experienced class A technicians will treat your vehicle like one of their own.
We have a great selection of this year’s top-selling tires and we have some of the best tire prices in Edmonton, AB. You can search a tune up near me.
That’s not all, we have some excellent spring auto service maintenance packages that will keep your ride running smoothly this summer.